A common misconception about hangover prevention is that it’s all about dehydration. Actually, it is about many things including depletion of key nutrients, inflammation, oxidation, and more.
Everyone drinks too much now and then, and some of us get hangovers from just one drink – so planning and prevention are worthy causes.
HERE ARE MY TOP Nutraceutical tips-that work!:
• Start drinking water with Electrolytes throughout the day – not just at the event. Showing up thirsty guarantees you’ll drink more than you should. If you know you will be at a crowded place, with long lines, bring your own water. Ideally, you should drink half your body weight in ounces, daily, so if you weigh 150lb’s you’ll drink 75 oz of water daily.
• Eat balanced meals throughout the day – and just before hitting the party, to be sure you keep your blood sugar balanced, thereby avoiding the carbohydrate craving that can lead to over drinking.
• Pack your supplements – Bring your supplements with you in a plastic bag or in your pocket so they are handy and you remember to take them every few drinks.
AT THE PARTY
• Always order water with your drinks. And add electrolytes. Sample electrolyte packets or EmergenC from the health food store are good.
• Take hourly:Methylated B vitamins, the amino acids N-AcetyleCysteine, or glutathione, href=”http://href=”http://healthywinelover.com/glutathione-ultimate-detoxifieranti-oxidant/”>“> & glutamine, Vitamin C and a good multivitamin but the B’s need to be Methylated
• Take natural anti-inflammatory capsules like White Willow Bark. NOT TYLENOL!•
AFTER THE PARTY:
• Leave your ‘before bed’ supplements on your bed stand and Electrolyte drink or Coconut water along with a BIG glass of water on your nightstand, to take before sleep.
CHEERS & TO YOUR HEALTH!