NEW YEARS EVE HANGOVER PREVENTION PLAN
Many still believe that the only prevention is not to drink, but what fun is that?!.
Everyone drinks too much now and then, and some of us get hangovers from just one drink – so planning and prevention are still worthy causes.
A common misconception is that it’s all about dehydration. But it is about many things including depletion of key nutrients, inflammation, oxidation, and more.
HERE ARE MY TOP Nutraceutical tips-that work!:
• Start drinking extra water with Electrolytes through out the day, not just at the event. Showing up thirsty guarantees you’ll drink more than you should. If you know you will be at a crowded place, with long lines, bring your own water. Ideally you should drink half your body weight in ounces, daily, so if you weigh 150lb’s you’ll drink 75 oz of water daily.
• Eat balanced meals throughout the day and just before hitting the party, to be sure you keep your blood sugar balanced, thereby avoiding the carbohydrate craving that can lead to over drinking.
• Pack your supplements Bring your supplements with you in a plastic bag or in your pocket so they are handy and you remember to take every few drinks
• Leave your ‘before bed’ supplements on your bed stand and Electrolyte drink or Coconut water along with a BIG glass of water on your nightstand, to take before sleep.
AT THE PARTY
• Take hourly: B vitamins, the amino acids N-AcetyleCysteine, or glutathione & glutamine, Vitamin C and a good multivitamin but the B’s need to be Methylated
• TAKE natural anti-inflammatory capsules like White Willow Bark. NOT TYLENOL!• Take your Amino Acids throughout the night but before protein, so before you go out, after the first hour, etc.
• Then eat and continue taking your B vitamins, Vitmin C, N-Actylecycteine every hour.
• Before you head hits the pillow take your ‘before bed’ supplements, which are the same, and ADD more White Willow Bark, plus your and Electrolyte drink (I like Emergency C) or Coconut water along with a BIG glass of water on your nightstand, to take before sleep.
Tell me how it goes!
CHEERS & TO YOUR HEALTH!