Although viruses are contagious, how any virus affects you is often related to your immune system.
Here are five POWERFUL WAYS TO BOOST YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM
1. Garlic. Garlic is one of our strongest natural antiviral and antibiotics.
Lab Studies have shown that raw garlic can kill cold and flu viruses along with a large range of gram-positive and negative bacteria along with parasites and yeast or fungus. The main ingredient in garlic is Allicin and unfortunately, it’s power is killed off in cooking, so you will want to eat your garlic raw. Alternatively, you can take one of the many Allicin products available at your health food store. Be sure to check how much Allicin is bioavailable in the product.
2. Grapefruit Seed Extract. Grapefruit Seed Extract is a natural antiviral, antifungal and antimicrobial. It works in the gut by killing off the bad bacteria we take in or create by ingesting too much yeast causing foods and drinks, anti-biotics, and other bad stuff for the gut, It helps to rebalance our microbiome. I love this stuff! Now I take it on my trips to Mexico and add it to all my drinks – even those with ice and juice and no longer get the dreaded “Montezuma’s Revenge”.
3. Oil of Oregano. Oregano Oil extract has been found to inhibit viruses due to its ingredient carvacrol especially flu or respiratory viruses.
4. Olive Leaf. Olive Leaf has been known for it’s anti-parasitic and antiviral properties since Ancient Egypt. Oleuropein is the compound found in Olive Leaf and although there haven’t been that many human studies done, its benefits against flu viruses have been known to be powerful for centuries. It is said to boost energy too, so what’s not to like?!
5. Elderberry. Many Naturopaths and health practitioners use Elderberry as what they call “the first line of defense”, meaning start taking it at the first sign of flu or any viral infection. It is known to neutralize new viruses and prevent them from duplicating.
All of these can be found in health food stores and online but you will want to check the level of active ingredients in each. I do not make any money from my blog posts, they are just what I do for my health and I am not a medical doctor. You should always check with your doctor before taking any drugs or supplements.
Cheers & Too Your Health!