ITS CLEANSE/DETOX/WEIGHT LOSS SEASON
MANY OF US WILL BE GOING ON A CLEANSE BUT WHAT IS THE CORRECT CLEANSE/DIET FOR YOU?
JUICE CLEANSES ARE ALL THE RAGE LATELY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO CLEANSE YOUR LIVER – YOU NEED TO DO IT RIGHT.
IF YOU ARE TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH LIVER CLEANSING YOU CANNOT GO ON A JUICE ONLY CLEANSE.
THE LIVER NEEDS PROTEIN.
The liver requires the amino acids from protein to function and without it, the liver will slow down and you will feel bad to worse as the toxins accumulate.
Also when you take in more toxins than your liver/kidneys can flush, the body pushes them into your fat cells to protect the important organs from the damaging toxins, so fasting or cleansing to fast releases these toxins from fat back into the system – making you feel – toxic.
This is called the detox “herc” experience. This can cause headaches, depression, body aches, fatigue, basically all the same symptoms of a hangover or a toxic diet/lifestyle.
WHAT TO DO?
1 Stop putting toxins in
2 Support the liver/kidneys to do their job of getting toxins out.
HOW SIMPLE IS THAT?
What you want to do is alter your diet slightly while SUPPORTING your liver.
Since most Americans will give up on their New Year Resolution by the third week, why not go slowly and make this a LIFESTYLE change that you can live with all year??
For a healthy detox here are some basics:
THE LIVER WORKS IN A TWO PHASE PROCESS
AND THE SECOND PHASE NEEDS AMINO ACIDS. AMINO ACIDS COME FROM PROTEIN.
HERE ARE SOME TIPS ON A CORRECT LIVER CLEANSE.
1 STOP JUNK FOOD AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE
2 STOP ALCOHOL AND STIMULANTS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.
WHEN I SAY as much as possible – I say this because I want you to NOT be that statistic of quitting by January 23rd. When you give up all the things your mind and body are addicted to – it is just too hard.
Try, what I call “adjusting down” rather than attempting to give up all the things your mind and body are addicted to? Start with small changes.
TIPS TO ADJUST YOUR CONSUMPTION OF TOXINS DOWN
• If you eat sugar all day try skipping your am sugar and have healthy carbohydrates with protein for breakfast and cut the rest of your sugar in half by combining it with Stevia or Xylatol.
• If you drink 3 glasses of wine try adding soda water to the second and then have a piece of chocolate, brush your teeth, whatever helps not have the third, this is where mindful drinking comes in *****blog******
• Or if you drink two glasses every night – have one glass, fill the second half way and add soda water. (yes some wine snobs will balk but hey this is about health not wine appreciation.
• If you don’t eat enough vegi’s, try cutting up a weeks worth on Sunday and store it in daily packets
The point is, what ever diet or resolution you choose, add in a small amount of the things you need to feel good and function. Such as coffee. Going cold turkey from coffee is difficult and studies show it isn’t that bad in small amounts. Just lower everything that is toxic for the first week, then try to go cold turkey.
•NEXT SLOWLY EASE INTO YOUR CLEANSE WITH LIVER SUPPORT
• Drink warm water with lemon juice upon waking
• Support your liver (and take some of the burden off) it by taking supplements that help IT DO IT’S JOB. Your liver REQUIRES certain things function and it needs to get these from your diet. If you don’t ingest what it needs – your detoxification process will be compromised. For more on this see my blog: http://healthywinelover.com/ultimate-hangover-cure-2/
• Be sure to sleep enough. Protect your sleep like your life depends on it, because it does. Get black out curtains, ear plugs or a sound machine – what ever you need to get 7+ hours a night.
• Exercise at least 30 minutes every other day –MINIMUM and build up. Your lymphatic system is a whole other cleanse subject, but suffice it to say – you need to move to get your circulation going to move those toxins out.
THIS IS JUST A START BUT IT WILL GO A LONG WAY TO BETTER HEALTH IN THE NEW YEAR AND BEYOND – NOT JUST FOR THREE WEEKS.
CHEERS & TO YOUR HEALTH!