EVERYONE KNOWS SUGAR IS JUST EMPTY CALORIES AND LEADS TO WEIGHT GAIN. BUT DID YOU KNOW IT ALSO LOWERS YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM, CAN CONTRIBUTE TO DEPRESSION AND MOOD SWINGS AND MUCH, MUCH MORE?
IT IS ALSO SAID TO BE MORE ADDICTING THAN COCAINE
SUGAR ADDICTION IS REAL AND OVERCOMING IT WITH WILL POWER ALONE IS EXTREMELY DIFFICULT.
Here are some tips that work to control those cravings:
1. Have a breakfast of protein, fat and vitamins. Do NOT start your day with a high carb breakfast, as this causes blood sugar ups and downs all day.
Eating a good breakfast is essential to prevent sugar cravings.
2. Try to incorporate protein and/or fat with each meal and EVERY time you have sugar. Fat & fiber slow the release of sugar, Protein offsets it. This helps control blood sugar levels.
3. Take Chromium. Chromium is a mineral that regulates blood glucose and supports energy production. Take 200 mcg with or before meals
4. Take Glutamine. Glutamine is an amino acid that helps stop sugar cravings, as the brain can use it for energy. Take 1000mg to 2000mg on an empty stomach or away from protein.
5. Recognize sugar wherever it is. Carbohydrates like bagels, most breads, white rice, and ALCOHOL are all metabolized as sugar, so must be considered sugar in your daily diet.
IF YOU CAN INCORPORATE THESE INTO YOUR DAILY SCHEDULE, YOU WILL FIND YOUR UPS AND DOWNS AND CRAVINGS START TO DISAPPEAR.
AND NEVER FORGET THE BIG ONE – EXERCISE!!
Let me know how it goes…
CHEERS & TO YOUR HEALTH!